We usually provide project estimates for contracts under standard time & materials terms within two business days. Estimates are completed by our engineering staff. We take caution to provide a genuine estimate based on past experience, requirements and scope. We have no interest in sending a low-ball estimate and running up the clock later.
Here is a list of information we will require in writing to create an estimate for you:
* Company Name
* Requestor Name
* Purchasing Manager (If different)
* Phone Number
* Project Name (not required)
* NDA Required?
* Project Scope
* Project Definition
* Is there a legacy product?
* If upgrade of legacy product, please include all available design files.
* Required delivery date
Here are a few items to note in our estimates:
1. While we require the above information in writing it also helps to have a phone or face to face conversation with our engineering team. Please prepare for a phone or face to face meeting with at least one engineer prior to receiving an estimate.
2. Our rates vary based on individuals' experience as you can see here. We are a full service contract engineering firm and as such, we allocate engineering resources internally. Our estimates will reflect an aggregate hourly rate to account for both our lower cost and higher cost engineers.